TMBR’s purpose is to be the catalyst that transforms the Tri-State area into a destination for Midwest mountain bike tourism.
TMBR is a non-profit organization that operates in a tri-state area surrounding Dubuque, Iowa. It was formed in the fall of 2015 to achieve the following:
- Enact the change that would transform the tri-state area into a Midwest mountain biking destination
- Provide funding for facilities and initiatives that support mountain biking
- Channel the individual efforts of mountain bike advocates in the area
- Serve as a political entity to promote the interest of area mountain bikers
TMBR’s small group of founding officers quickly aligned around a single goal that would drive the actions and priorities of the organization:
Achieve IMBA ride center status for the greater Dubuque Area by 2025.
To this end, TMBR has been acting as a resource for public land managers. TMBR plays an active role in the community in the following ways:
- Fundraising for multi-purpose woodland trail projects
- Providing project managers to support implementation
- Lead volunteer events to maintain and improve trails
- Liaison to the cycling community
When the tri-state area is recognized as a Midwest mountain bike destination, the whole community will benefit. Hotels, restaurants, and retail outlets will benefit from increased tourism. Local runners, hikers, and nature lovers will enjoy the trails that are a product of our efforts. Local employers and property owners will benefit from a Dubuque community that offers first-class outdoor recreation facilities.
President – Brett Errthum
Vice President – Open Position
Treasurer – Jeff Stahl
Trail Maintenance Chair – Randy Vannorsdel
Supporter Membership Chair – Ann Greenlee
IPP Trail Steward – Steve Haupert
Proving Grounds Trail Steward – Sam Wilson
Cloie Creek Trail Steward – Adam Jacobson
Asset Manager – Ryan Kruse
Fundraising Chair – Chris Pape
Communication Chair – Eric Wold
Tripple D Race Director: Zach Hodge
Group meetings occur on the second and fourth Tuesday’s of each month in the back room of the Copper Kettle (2987 Jackson St, Dubuque, IA) at 8:00 p.m. Members are welcome to attend the meetings. Non-members can join at our meetings and/or address the group at the start. Non-members may be asked to leave as the meeting progresses to the established agenda.